Monday, December 1, 2008

Finn's Surgery Tomorrow

The internet is a wonderful thing. Were it not for the internet I don't know what I would do. It has enriched my life in so many ways, but mainly it has connected with me with many other mommies who are going down the same road as me and dealing with a clefted child. One such family is Bekah and her adorable son Finn. He is a few weeks older then Aiden so it has been nice to chat via email about the commonalities but also the major differences in their care at the same time. (Click on the picture to make it bigger - here he is only 4 1/2 months old, the oldest pic I have but he is actually 9 months old now.)

Tomorrow my buddy Finn will be having his palate repaired, as well as a scar and nose revision and tubes put in. I know first hand how his mommy, Bekah, is feeling today, relieved the surgery day is almost here; anxious about the hand off, wait time and recovery; saddened that little guy has to endure another surgery; thankful that our children have the top care. Please keep Finn and his entire family in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment