Sunday, February 1, 2009

Tomorrow's the Big Day

Tomorrow will be a bittersweet day. I will be handing over the keys to the house and walking down the driveway for the last time. This is the house I spent hours at while Dale and I were just friends. This is the house where I received my first kiss from Dale on June 8, 2002, which officially started our lives together. This is the house that I moved into in 2003 when we got married. This is the house that I brought Alexis home to when she was born in 2004. This is the house I gave birth in to Aiden in March of 2008. This is the house filled with many memories.

But in the same breath, there are many more memories to be made no matter where we live. So, I see this as a blessing. A chance to move forward in life and not look backwards.




Here is to many future memories no matter where life takes us.

3 comments:

  1. I can imagine that you are an emotional wreck about this....but remember you are taking the most important things with you---memories and your family!

    By the way, I had no clue you had a home birth!!! How was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little house! I'll be praying for you tomorrow, Joy. I know I'd be looking back at all the "firsts" and milestones the house held for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand how tough this must be for you, but it seems like you're keeping a positive attitude through it all. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete