Monday, October 6, 2008

Not Much Has Changed

Aiden is still not eating very well at all. He is barely getting 8-10 ounces down in a 24 hour period. We have resorted to force feeding him now, which is heart wrenching to have to do. He hates having his chin held down while I force the fluid down his throat. This is about the only way we have been able to get him to take the few ounces he has taken in. He is only having 1 wet diaper a day and we are constantly looking for other signs that he is dehydrated. I can't hardly wait for tomorrow's appointment to go back to Dr. Martin to see what we can do to make him more comfortable and have the desire to eat. He is still very dependent on the pain medication in order to stay comfortable. One missed dose and he becomes very irritable and fussy. I know that this will not last forever but I really hope that we are close to the end of this chapter of recovery. So, the next time you sit down to eat, please say a pray that Aiden is also eating more.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I just wanted to let you know we will be praying for Aiden, poor little guy! He is such a cutie! I found you through Darcy and Rachel, so glad you're here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy,

    I've been reading about you & Aiden thru the ICAN list, and I saw that you had posted to my blog. I just wanted you to know that I'll be thinking about your sweet little man. He is a little cutie, and I sure hope he has a speedy recovery. That picture when the Dr's were taking him to the OR really tugs at the heartstrings.

    Take care,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you try formula frozen into popsicles? Maybe add a bit of extra sweetener to really make them appetizing? Or just pedialite pops or something? From what you said the frozen things seemed easier for him. Just a thought, I'm praying for you and him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the formula popsicle suggestion. We have actually tried that and he still won't take it. Won't take the pedialyte either, just the fudge bars. Hoping our plastic surgeon can give us some insight today (Tues.)

    ReplyDelete