Monday, March 2, 2009

Box Top Queen

As I have mentioned before, I am the Box Top coordinator Queen for the kiddos school. I really do enjoy doing the job, even though it does take a considerable amount of time to collect, clip, sort, bundle and process all the Box Tops. I just took over this job at the beginning of the school year and have seen how having a proactive coordinator cheerleader can have very postive outcomes. The school usually collects a few hundred dollars at most and so when we set the goal of collecting $1,000, I was a little nervous to say the least. Well, I am proud to annouce that we have, as of Feb. 28th, collected $1,049 worth of Box Tops!!!! That means that I have had my hands on over 10,049 box tops in the past 7 months, not to mention the countless other ones that were expired or had the date cut off. It is a daunting job at times but one that provides immediate gratification when you see the numbers. We still have 3 1/2 months of collection time left and I would be jazzed if we made it to $1,500!!! Now to decide what to spend the money on. We are going to have the kids vote for what they would like since it is their money, but I have a feeling we will be purchasing a bunch of playground equipment in the next few months. WAY TO GO MENTONE COLTS!!!!!

*And, a special shout out to my hubby and kiddos for putting up with my craziness and helping me. It truly is a familly effort with the clipping, sorting, grouping, and spreadsheeting (I know that isn't a real word, but it works for me). And even though my husband won't admit it out loud, he gets just as jazzed when it is collection time.

*And lastly, if anyone has a bunch of Box Tops just laying around and doesn't have a place to donate them, we can always use them at our school. :) I'll even send a SASE if needed. Not desperate, just passionate.

No comments:

Post a Comment