Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thankful for Household Chores

If you are keeping up with my thankful month posting on the left of my blog I thought I would explain today's thankful thought. Physically being able to do household chores. Doesn't seem like much to be thankful for, who would be thankful they could do chores? But, as I was starting my third load of laundry today I thought about those that have to wash them by hand and hang dry everything. Then, when I started up the dishwasher with the last of the morning dishes I thought about those that have to wash them by hand and even those who didn't have dirty dishes this morning because they didn't get to eat breakfast. Then, when I went outside to take down the Halloween stuff (yes, I know I am behind on that), and put up the Thanksgiving stuff I realized that I am having a good back day. That is not something I take for granted anymore. Having had two back surgeries and many other set backs along the way I go through each day labeling it as either a good or bad back day. Recently the good have out weighed the bad. :) There were YEARS that I couldn't do the simple things in life like vacuum or even sort the laundry without my son handing me the clothes so I didn't have to bend down. Now, I still don't LIKE doing these things but I am VERY thankful that I have the physical ability to do them when they need to be done.

With all of that said, I should get back to my cleaning. The bathrooms are calling my name, as well as a switch of the laundry loads. Now if only the kids could hear that their bedrooms are calling their names.

1 comment: