Saturday, November 29, 2008

I Am Thankful For....

Today was our Thanksgiving dinner. No fancy dishes or centerpieces, just all the food one could possible want. So, being the crazy mom that I am, I had each of us write down the five things we are thankful for and then the kids decorated their cards as well. Alexis is thankful for: Aiden, Andrew, Daddy, Mommy, and toys (I see now where I rate). Andrew is thankful for: Legos, gameboy, trees, friends, and his family (once again, I see where we rate... behind trees?) When asked why trees his response was, "because they give us wood for our house and paper for our books." Good enough.
If Aiden were to write his down they would be: naps, clean diapers, bottle makers and feeders, siblings, and his 'og ogs' (dogs).
Dale is thankful for: immediate family, extended family, his job, wife (Joy), and food. Ok, this time I got double billing and he even had to put my name in parentheses, as if he needed to distinguish which wife he was talking about. And lastly, I am thankful for: my family, health, God's provisions, my dogs, and laughter.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and took the time to think about all the wonderful people/things we have in life.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like the perfect thanksgiving to me! What a great idea...I put everyone on the spot and no one came up with near enough things! next year we will be writing them down.

    ReplyDelete