Sunday, May 10, 2009

For Mother's Day I Got.....

A NEW CROCK POT!! As of 5:00 last night I would have never been asking for a new crock pot because I had perfectly functioning one that I love to use at least 2-3 times a week. But then this happened....


and I HAD to get a new one right away. Dale was getting dinner started and the crock pot was too close to the stove and started to melt from the heat off the pan. At first I thought it was just going to be a cosmetic thing but quickly found out the entire unit was no longer functioning. So, off to Target we went to replace my beloved crock pot.

For those of you that have never gotten into crock pot cooking, I encourage you to check out the following blog. I have found LOTS of wonderful recipes to try out on my family and many more I hope to try in the near future. If you check out the side bar of the crock pot lady's blog you can find links to all the different recipes she has featured. She even gives a verdict at the end as to whether is was a good one or what she might do to change it in the future to make it better. And, as an added bonus, she cooks gluten free for her family. So, if that is an issue for you (FAITH!!), she has the solution.

My next recipe to try: Taco Soup or Taco Dip or Enchiladas (can you tell I am craving Mexican food today). And of course there is always the much loved Chicken and Dumplings in the crock pot (not Mexican, but VERY yummy!!)

So, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all, and HAPPY CROCK POTTING!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That chicken stroganoff recipe you found on my blog is PERFECT without mushrooms because I'm not a big fan and NEVER make it with them. The key is the Campbells soup! So yummy once you add the sour cream. We just love it!! It's not so hot over minute rice though - you need the good sticky stuff.

    Glad you got a new crock pot! I've been using the same recipes over and over again - I really need to get lookin' at some new ones.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete